Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Honesty, Loyalty, Trust


Why are honesty, loyalty, and trust so scarce these days?  You think you know someone one minute and the next you find out you were blind to who that person really was.  I come to find that the majority of people lie, cheat, and steal.  Why is that?  What’s the point when in the end karma will bite you in the ass.  The truth always comes out.  So let’s all be honest.  If you don’t want to be with someone then break up with them, don’t cheat.  Don’t take what isn’t yours because if it wasn’t yours in the first place then it wasn’t meant to be.  I know from experience that I would rather be hurt by the truth than a lie.  Why are people more fake than real?  Are they scared to be who they are?  Some people put on a persona, because they can’t accept themselves or they just want to fit in.  You shouldn’t be anything other than yourself because then it’s like you’re living a lie.  Just be real.  It will be the best decision you will ever make.  The people that matter to you will be the ones that accept you for all you are.  

It’s sad to think that as the years go by, people are forced to have to rely on only themselves to get through life.  That in turn also makes people selfish.  So what are we really doing here?  Maybe it’s time to be a little selfless.  Maybe then people will be more inclined to be honest and loyal.  If we care more about each other than maybe just maybe the people we encounter will be the ones that we can rely on sometimes.  Because who really wants to live a lonely life?

My thoughts are all over the place.  The point I am trying to make is just stop pretending.  Be who you really are.  Don’t live a lie.  Be honest.  Tell the truth.  Be loyal.  Be the right amount of selfish and the right amount of selfless.  When you find people you can really rely on, don’t let them go.  Keep them in your life.  Also let them know they can rely on you as well.  

I know many people but that doesn’t mean I can trust or rely on all of them.  We all have family, best friends, friends, acquaintances, etc…All different types of people we come across in our lifetime.  But only a select few are the ones we keep forever.  I know who I care about.  I know who I trust.  I know who is loyal.  I know who I would do anything for.  I know who would be there for me through anything as I would do the same for them.  So I could only hope that everyone has honest, loyal, and trustworthy people in their lives.  Because when you can share experiences with the people you care about, that will make your life a lot more interesting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment